Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Day to All!

Hi everyone, I can't believe it has been a few weeks since I posted! Anyway, today as we know, is Mothers Day. As my boys know, I don't really like to think about it so much, as 2 years ago, it fell the day before my mom passed away. I remember it well, she was unable to speak, but still (as she was my best friend) we probably had the best conversation we had ever had. I joked with her, I shared everything with her, and I told her not to worry. So here we are 2 years later, and I find it difficult to not go out and buy her a card.
I sit here with tears in my eyes, thinking of all the time that we spent together, and how I would always make a point of seeing her on Mother's Day, usually buying her flowers, as we lived in the same city. The weather here is beautiful, and I am able to spend time in the garden, as I love, and was my mom's favorite passtime. Listening to the birds, and putting all of our energy into improving our garden, as we tend to do every weekend, this is what gives me peace.
I have been working on my knitting, knitting a baby hat on DPN's for my sister, and attempting socks, hey its going well! I am hoping to continue on a baby sweater that my mom had 1/2 finished for my son when he was born, but never finished. I thought that this would be a nice gift for my sister, when her first arrives in a few months.
So, for now a toast, to all the mom's out there - and to the knitting, that gives us peace, and also brings back the nicest of memories about our mom's .
To my mom, I miss you terribly, but am thankful that you are at peace and out of pain, and thankful that you taught me how to knit all those years ago, and how I never would have imagined at that time that it would turn into my passion!

No comments: