Monday, May 14, 2007

Here is what I want to know...

I was reading some UK blogs today, one in particular that I always think is brilliant Yarnstorm.
Take a look at what she creates...and the colours in her blog...well they would brighten up any day!
The other led me to wonder which cast-on method is preferred by sock knitters, so here is what I would like to know from YOU!

Which cast on method do you prefer to use for socks??

Please comment! I will wait until the end of the week, and if there are a substantial number of answers, then I will do the stats! I myself am confused on what seems to be the most popular or best way, maybe its just the easiest way that I am looking for? But what truly gives the best cuff?
I would appreciate hearing from you!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'm knitting top down, I like the long tail cast on. But, for the most part, I'm a toe-up kinda gal - the magic cast on at www.knitty.com is wonderful and easy to use. So, I'd say it was my favourite so far.

Anonymous said...

I have only made socks from the toe up. I like to fit the sock as i go so the toe up way is my favorite. For that I use the long tail c.o. But if I ever make a pair from the cuff downwards, i want to use the twinned c.o. as it makes a very pretty braided effect when using two colors.