Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Looky, Looky!!



This is what I picked up at the post office today! It was my Book Swap package from my Swap-Bot partner in Ireland! It is super, and I was very surprised - a great chic lit book, lots of British chocolate (you cannot beat it!), a lavender candle, makeup bag, and 2 bookmarks - one of which was just like a carpet! Very fitting for me!! And some super flavours of hot chocy!!
Nina was great in enclosing a CD-with book for my son - we have already listened to it! "Puss in Boots".
I have started 2 of the Mason-Dixon Kimonos, I am making them with Cotton Tots by Bernat. I haven't used this yarn before, but it seems to be good to work with, and they have a great colour selection. They are for my sister -- who finds out tomorrow morning whether she is having a girl or a boy!! Exciting!!!
For anyone who may be interested, I have started my own swap on Swap-Bot, it is the "Knitting Book Swap" - it is an international swap, and the book just has to be knitting related, new or nicely used! So if you have the inclination, please sign up!
As I listen to Idol in the background.... these guys are really bad!! It's already getting boring!
Next week we are off to my sister-in-laws wedding in West Orange, NJ - anybody reading from that area? What are some good things to do there? Anyone?
I always appreciate any comments, I would love to know where you are reading from...just so I know there are people out there!!
I am off for a cup of tea and a Dairy Milk!!

2 comments:

knittingingrid said...

Great gift from your swap partner - thanks for reading my blog - thought I'd check yours out too! Brrrr, it looks cold where you are - but Canada is one place I'd love to visit, despite the icicles! Your knitting book swap sounds like a good idea!

Anonymous said...

Mmm--I covet that Fudge bar--used to have those when I visted my grandparents in London! Probably a good thing I can only get them once in a while though.

West Orange is not far from Montclair NJ--and I hear they have some great wool stores there, although I haven't had the chance to go to any yet. Enjoy your trip!