Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sock - ing it to ya!

Hey! Tonight is the first night of my course to learn socks!!! Yey, finally!
Everyone says "Hey, its easy to learn socks". but I would rather learn from my LYS properly. As are most people, I am scared of turning the heel etc, and kitchener stitch - I have a feeling once I start them, I am going to be on an endless sock creating wave!!!!!
Well, just a quick one for today, we are STILL trying to recover from last week and the weekend, I could sleep all day today, coffee isn't even working!! Later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a great weekend. I sent you a package and it should be arriving by the end of the week.
Take care, Your Secret Sister

Rhona said...

hello. im rhona in u.k i recently started up a knit group here in my home town, its going well now and thriving. i saw your blog site and thought of showing you mine too as from reading yours - it seems we're rather similar. just seen all the shaun sheep stuff and my group next meet this thursday so shall put it to them. patons do a pattern for a great shaun sheep. did you know this? have you made one before? ... kind regards. Rhona. www.ktog.co.uk

Anonymous said...

So, when I first started knitting I looked at folks doing socks and thought they must be nuts. Then I decided that I needed to try just one pair to get the techniques down. OMG! I can't stop knitting socks now. I love them. The best part if you get bored easily is that you can break the sock into parts that you tick off. First the cuff (usually ribbing), then the leg, then the heel, then the gusset (my least fave), etc...and voila! a true creation. I hope you enjoy them...Alice

Anonymous said...

Have fun learning socks. Kitchener stitch is so much easier when someone shows you rather than trying to read the instructions.

Can't wait to see photos of the first sock!

Anonymous said...

Betcha'll have a hoot in the sock class. I'm also a beginner sock knitter and I'm hooked.