Sunday, April 01, 2007

Everything is just Sockie!!

Hi Everyone! First of all, I was accepted to the Knitting Blogs blogsite, so hi to everyone who is visiting from there, and thanks for coming over to view my little blog!
I digress...The Sock Class -- arrgg, well the socks are being knitted on 2.75mm bamboos, with Regia. as you can see in the picture:..but as you can see, they don't quite look uniform! The pattern is K2P2, but since we were requested to cast-on using the thumb method (which I use quite regularly for other knitting), I spent the whole class just trying to ensure that the stitches stayed on the needles. My ears were up to my shoulders - and 2 minutes before the end, I dropped 2 stitches, and we couldn't get them back -- so I left with a ball of yarn and some needles!
After a days rest (I thought I better be safe and stay away from them for a day), I cast on using the cable cast-on method, and that was much better - I was now so glad that the stitches were staying on the needles, that I failed to see that I was not really achieving a K2P2 pattern!!@!!
Until last night, while watching my Season 5 DVD's of Will and Grace, I must have either dropped or added a stitch, and it finally worked!
So this is how things look right now:
I am actually now enjoying this, rather than being scared of it, I had put off trying socks for soooo long, because I was so afraid of it, I wanted someone to show me properly how to do it!!

As for other knitting things, these are what I had delivered to my door on Friday from Chapters:

I have heard good reviews about "The Friday Night Knitting Club", and the other is actually a Harlequin book, but looks like a good read nonetheless.
My Purple Yarn partner from a recent Swap-Bot swap, sent me this lovely yarn, it also arrived Friday:
No clue what I will make with it, but it is lovely!
Lastly, I thought I would include a couple of recent pics, from when we ventured down to New Jersey:

My sister-in-law with her new hubby! The wedding was really beautiful, the bride looked radiant!

and...

My son and I on a cold and snowy day, just over the river from the Statue of Liberty! Yup, that's me!

Talk Later, off to knit "the sock!!"

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi, I am a knitter from Jersey with a new Blog too. I like your picks and my daughter lived next door to the Statue of Liberty for 1 year before she moved to Manhattan. Love your Wallace and Gromit theme. Visit my Blog at knitinggal.blogspot.com.....Donna

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter from me in Sandy Oregon, USA.

Yesterday it was nearly 80 degrees F. here - that's a bit high for this time of year. I'm so glad we don't have snow - I'm ready for spring and to get out in the garden.

I am knitting a shawl from Gathering of Lace and a pill box shaped hat using a rust colored Paint Box worsted weight.

I love Canada. I grew up near the (B.C) Canadian border and in those days there was no cable tv, only antenna, so we grew up watching CBC. We made shopping trips to Vancouver frequently.

This is the first time I have read your blog - it's very nice.

Happy knitting!
candi