Saturday, July 14, 2007

I'm Back...Yarn and All!


Hey! We had a great time on our vacation, but it was toooo short!
Knitting in the car worked well, and during the week I was able to get some sock knitting done too as we were in most evenings due to fog and rain!
The Cape is amazing, if you have never been there, put it on your list of places to visit.
The beaches are terrific, and what I think I enjoyed most were the walks on the beach! On our last been day, Wednesday, we walked about 2 miles out into the ocean, as the tide was out. We saw crabs, even a jellyfish, seals swiming in the harbour, fish being brought in off the shipping boats, all sorts.
We had a quick take-out lunch at a fish hut, at the base of a harbour, and the young man behind the counter asked my son if he would like to see one of the lobsters up close, that were in the tank. He said "ok"....you would not believe the size of this thing! It was about 3 feet long, and weighed over 12 pounds! I had never seen anything like it!
Yesterday on the way back, we stopped at WEBS - this place is the ultimate in yarn! They are located in Northhampton, Mass. Hubby took a picture for me to prove that I was there! Will post it tomorrow. I spent 1 hr. looking around the "shop" part, I found some Noro sitting by itself, so when I was checking out, I asked what the price was, the reply I got was "is this from the warehouse?", I replied "we can go in the warehouse?", she countered, "yeah, that's where all the bargains and closeouts are!" -- I proceed to send my hubby and son for some lunch up the road, and blasted into the warehouse! I will post my goodies tomorrow!



...and lastly - does anyone know how to move the Frapper map to the sidebar!!??? Anyone with answers, please let me know with a comment, thanks!

1 comment:

froggiemeanie said...

Show me the yarn!!!!!

You have to insert the frapper thing into your template to get it over to the sidebar.