Monday, September 18, 2006

Hi! Welcome to my first try!!

Hi Everyone! This is my first blog - I have been reading many international knitting blogs for a long time, and finally decided to create their own.
About me? Well, I am both a stay-at-home Mom and own my own floor covering business...more about that in a moment!
My hubby and son (who just started Kindergarten this am!) keep me very busy, but are so very amazing. I inherited our family flooring business at the end of last year, as both of my parents passed away from cancer in 2005. It keeps me very busy, but I enjoy the challenge.
My mom taught me to knit about 20 years ago, she was a fantastic knitter, and it is only now that I realize why she loved to spend time in the LYS! When I would continually say "Are we going now?", now it is better than a candy store for me...the great lover of sweets!
I picked up a set of needles again last year, after a long time, when they were all over the cancer hospital, for people to knit squares for blankets, while they were waiting for their loved ones to have radiation treatment. I thought that I should get into knitting again as a stress reliever, and as an outlet to my creativity.
I am sooo very glad that I did, and although I haven't made too many projects yet, I am constantly buying knitting books and stash, as well as practicing techniques!
Well, have to go pick up my son now from school (can't believe I am saying that!), but will log in again later and continue!!
Take Care!

No comments: