Saturday, September 30, 2006

Slacking Already!!

Well, well, here I go for the second time this am, computer is acting up, and decided to shut down on me, just as I was ending the post!! Go figure!
Anyway, here I am, sorry for the big space between posts, we have all been suffering from "the cold" the usual at this time of year around here, as the kids go back to school, and bring home goodness knows what from school. My hubby works for the local college, so that doesn't help either!! My son has been up so many times since Monday during the night, he doesn't quite understand the concept of blowing his nose yet, so needs assistance! Of course, those of you with kids know, that when they are sick, you listen out for any small noise all night anyway! So last night, I really started to come down with the massively sore throat, neither juice nor coffee is helping this morning. Since I have very bad Rhumatoid Arthritis (had a total hip replacement last Fall - if anyone wants info, or have questions about this surgery, don't hesitate to ask!) I am very suceptible to any type of bug -- but as we all know, Mom's don't stop to be sick!!
As for my knitting, I am going to attempt another of the dishcloths from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book this morning - I have made 2 others over the past few months, but neither have turned out at all right. I have no idea how people seem to be whipping thru them at warp speed, and saying they are easy......tricky I would say. So will attempt another and see if I can finally get the knack.
Went to my knitting class on Monday night, and got some super help on my project for my son - the sweater with the small armhole..I had attempted to unpick the sewing up of the side seam, and cut into my stitiches (arrrggg!), was going to frog it out, until my hubby suggested taking it to my class to get help on - so a big shout out and thanks to Renee from Main Street Yarns in Miton, Ontario (a super LYS, hi to Carolyn as well, she is the owner, and stocks some fantastic stuff!). Renee helped me unpick the stitches, and I have now frogged it back a bit and reknit ready to put together!!
The cardi for myself is going really well, knitting up the back, so not a lot to report.
Well, will go for now -- hi to Rain from "Frogs in Knots" bog - wish I could figure out how to link the site -- any help appreciated!! Rain - I tried to respond, but my server sent the email back to me, thanks for the comments!!

Happy knitting everywhere!

No comments: