Saturday, February 10, 2007

All Flooring and no Knitting!

Can you believe me!! What did I say the last time...ummm I will post pictures and I will be updating my entries daily!!! WELL, where do I begin! The 3 of us in this house, first had the flu, then colds, and then I develped Bronchitis!! These have all just cleared up, and we got them the second week of January!! I would have thought that the cold weather would have killed all of those bugs, but since we had an exceptionally warm January - it acted in reverse I guess!
How do you get into your knitting of hats and blankets (my current WIP's) when you are wearing a t-shirt outside, and your kids are supposed to be wearing snow pants!!
Well all that changed a few weeks ago, when we dipped WAAAAY down - where -- and we have all told ourselves "that is ridiculous" -- you wrap the scarf around them so many times, they say "Mommy, I can't breath!" to which we reply "Well it just has to be like this or you'll get cold!"
Anyway, back to the knitting. You probably noticed the title - well, as I have mentioned before I own and operate a flooring business, we are mid to high end materials, so there is always a lot of work and customer consultations to deal with. Today (my day off) my full-timer called me and told me that he was sick (he is never sick!) could I go in, so I thought this will be great, as usually at this time of the year it isn't too busy, so I will take my son's hat (WIP) with me, and be able finish it up - yey! WELL...I was so busy, breakfast was at 12:45 this afternoon, at which time the coffee and egg-bagel thingy my hubby and son had brought me was stone cold, and I felt like someone stranded in the desert- I was parched from all the talking to customers! As usual, I don't have any drinks in the fridge, as when I am in the office, there is usually another staff member there, so we do runs for coffee ALL the time - to Tim Hortons of course! So I pretty much collapsed as I got home, desperate for a drink of anything, and....am still staring at the knitting I stashed in my bag at 9:30 this morning (litterally pulling my slacks on as I flew out the door!) and haven't knitted a stitch yet!
Well, bedtime for the little man in my life! Posting WILL continue, I would love you comments, just so I know there is someone out there in cyberspace reading my bletherings!!

No comments: