Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines / Snow Day

Well, what a site outside in our city today! As a lot of the eastern part of North America has received a wolop of snow in the past 24hrs, we really got hit! Most of the city has closed down, and it is sooo pretty to look at (hubby is so thankful that we have a snowblower!).
We received about 3 feet of snow in 24hrs, even though we are part of the snowbelt here, this is the most I have seen at one time here in a very long time -- maybe 10 years?! So, little one is off school, hubby's work is closed also. He has gone down to the lakeshore to take some pictures, as photography is his hobby. I will try to post some of them later when he gets back.
I have to say that I am so grateful today that our local Tim Hortons was open!! I closed the business today, as who in their right mind would go shopping for floors in these conditions?? We did pop out for a quick lunch (I have an SUV) - and noticed that I had probably made the right decision, as a lot of the businesses are closed as well. It looks like we are now at the end of it, as the sun is coming out..and everything is so peaceful....with the exception of the cat sitting at my shoulders snoring!!

No comments: